Indigo
Visual of the day:
I'm really getting into modern abstract art. Indigo was a performing artist before turning to visual arts. With a mixture of medium she doesn't just keep it two dimensional; she makes use of space as her canvas. The girl hunching in front of a pile of twigs with a wall covered with graffiti in the background projects an image of surviving through meager conditions.Reflection of the day:
Do you ever feel like you have it bad? Nothing is going right and all you can see is the pessimistic side of everything? As I mentioned in the last post, I had a run of crap happen in December and everything that doesn't go my way just gets added to this pile of poop.
As I was driving home yesterday from San Bruno, a guy bumps me from behind and doesn't stop to assess the damage, he just drives off! That was very irritating and of course I need to deal with my insurance company and see what my next options are. It wasn't my fault, but I have another troublesome thing to deal with....*ugh*
Today my close friend shared with me how she lost her job and will be in search for another one soon. In this economic recession, lots of people have been through this, but it still sucks to hear it from someone you know. My life isn't that bad.
After that, I was surfing FB and was reading posts from a friend's family member who lost his wife. They have a very young child together and the pain and anguish the family was expressing brought tears to my eyes. I really can never imagine what it is like to lose a loved one so soon and unexpectedly. My life isn't that bad.
What about the victims of the Haiti earthquake? To have lost everything all in a mere few minutes is unfathomable. The worst of the aftermath is the lack of the most basic needs: water, food, shelter, and medical aid. To be searching for your lost love ones among piles of rubble or those who were trapped and trying to survive the narrow chance that they may be saved. My life isn't that bad.
I had an opportunity to think and compare how my life is versus those around me, and I realized I really have it made. Life is not bad...it just depends how you look at it. As long as you still have those you love around you and have the blessing of life's necessities, that's all that matters.


carpe diem....i always look at the glass half-full...in regards to the pile of poop, stick a roll of firecrackers during CNY, and it will disperse into thin air....don't forget to RUNNNNNN!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great art piece you've got there Katie. She incorporated the dying branches and city filth brilliantly. It goes to show Indigo's talent as a up and coming artist by her display of new and old, to join in harmony graffiti and city rubbish that decorate the city like ornaments. Thanks for introducing the artist of today. Looking forward to reading more updates from your blog sis!
ReplyDelete