Hanneke Treffers
Visual of the day:
There's so much medium but everything works...mixing old, new, east and west. This is what I strive to have....a good balance.
There's so much medium but everything works...mixing old, new, east and west. This is what I strive to have....a good balance.
Reflection of the day:
I am one who likes to move with society's norm and have lost what I want and a bit of who I am. Wanting to be everywhere and do lots but there isn't enough of me. Over analyzing what others think and blinding myself to realize reality of things by running away.
Sounds a bit deep, eh? Anyways, I've been tired and overwhelmed and realize that I need to slow down rather than going about life day in and day out. I need to start doing what I want and working toward goals in life.
To start off, I've consolidated my social network to just FB and will be deleting LJ, AND, Xanga and other misc things you can try to stalk me on. Rather than being all over the place, I'm going to concentrate on what I want and work towards it.
I've never been good at keeping goals and did what I want when I wanted....I'm in my 30's now and Kalissa is 9....time to finally be an adult, you think? Time to make some NY resolutions? Even though we're a month into 2010, I've always felt CNY was really the start and that's on 2/14 this year, so I still have time to turn a new leaf!
Goals:
- Work out at least 3 times a week (Tony promised to keep me in check with P90X)
- Get to know God more so I can be on the path of accepting Him
- Get more involved in Kalissa school by checking her HW and talking with her teachers
- Spend more time with family and friends (love my Tony but I forget about others when I feel too comfortable chilling with him)
- Work on going back to school (shouldn't put this off anymore)
- Being more productive with free time (missing those museum visits)
Let's see how well I do this year....pray for me.


Would having too much on your plate be one of the reasons your goals are still being worked on? I never had the chance to bring up how we grew up being disciplined by ma and her bamboo duster. The blame was always given to you to shoulder, and punishment was always privileged to the oldest first. Whoever said "Remember, with great powers comes great responsibilities" did a half ass job explaining how to go about it, cause responsibility is a b*tch.
ReplyDelete