Wednesday, February 3, 2010

calm before the storm

Jonathan Barkat

Visual of the Day:
Overcast sky with a woman standing alone on the beach in this photograph is a bit scary, especially with a creepy old roller coaster in the back ground.

Reflection of the Day:
Sometimes my life feels that way...goes up and down, being scared, alone, anticipating things to come, and the unknown.

From my bad runs of events in December, multiple traffic violations and etc., I had to deal with the consequences of one today. But overall, it is not a bad day because I am eager to watch Kalissa in her second play tonight as one of the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz. Tony will be joining and we plan to catch a quick bite before the performance.

With a little more than a week and counting, I am gearing up for the many celebrations there will be for Chinese Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day. Cleaning my room and making time to see family I neglect besides special occassions. My February calendar is nearly full....plus I'm starting P90X next week....yikes!

I've been talking to different friends about my journey for Christianity and it weighs on me constantly, but I try not to let that discourage me. Trying to keep the reason for it seperate from the struggles can be difficult but I am happy for the support and encouragement I've received. Like this photograph, who knows what's awaiting as she stares out....perhaps a rainbow from the gleaming approaching sun. =)






No comments:

Post a Comment