Poster of The Equation of Love and Death
SFIAAFF '09 Showing: Camera Cinema, 3/21/09 @ 2 pm
photo credit to Steve Rhodes
Visual of the day:
This movie was one of the six movies Tony and I picked out from last year's SFIAAFF selection. Zhou Xun (also in The Message we saw this year) has a unique beauty along with a tough tomboy edge that I really like. In this movie, she was a cab driver constantly in thoughts about a long lost boyfriend she is determined to find. There are suspenseful scenes when she was kidnapped by two frantic, lost passengers in trouble. At the end, she has an epiphany about her purpose in life.
Reflection of the day:
Some of you have been unfortunate enough to have experienced my death grip while I'm watching a suspenseful and scary movie. This movie had a bit of it, and since my company was this sweet gentle guy willing to cater to my every need, he rested his arm close by for my convenience. *wonder where he picked this up from?
Perhaps it was also due to the plot of this movie that motivated me to stop searching and take a hold of him. The defining moment Tony likes to tell others of how I came onto him. =P
I'm comforted to know that the action I took that day has never allowed me look back with regret because I'm as happy as can be.
I'm comforted to know that the action I took that day has never allowed me look back with regret because I'm as happy as can be.
To commemorate the joyous occasion, we decided to catch a few more movies from this year's SFIAAFF at Camera Cinema in San Jose. One South Indian movie we both enjoyed that brought us back to our love of food is Cooking with Stella. Too bad the festival has ended but we're looking forward to continuing the tradition next year.
*funny how we didn't take any pictures yesterday, but hope the photographer who captured our "natural" moments at the theater will send to me soon.
photo credit: Jennifer Yin




No comments:
Post a Comment